20 January 2009

It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life...

First of all, let me say a loud, triumphant WOOOOOOHOO! I was so deeply moved throughout today's events. I ended up spending my day at Rojo, the greatest neighborhood bar/restaurant/hangout ever--Bob Dylan recently recommended it in a radio interview. To look around a packed room of mostly strangers--people from Over the Mountain Democrats--and see hope and compassion in their faces. I could hardly shoot photos from tear-filled eyes. (Seriously, most are pretty terrible! I really couldn't see!! Haha.)


This is how packed it was in the side room with the projection screen...

People were even lined up right through the door, standing on chairs on the patio...

I went to the restaurant side; they have little t.v.s hung around the bar. It was amazing to see an entire room of people eating in complete silence with their eyes glued to the television. Even the bartenders stood beside their patrons, shedding tears quietly and smiling ear to ear.



But the festivities aren't over yet!! The husband and I are off to Bottletree to celebrate our new President and help usher out the old one--we are throwing our old shoes at a Bush cutout and all shoes are being donated to charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment